Your questions answered
Why choose Clare Hudson Design?
Our priority is listening to our clients and working with them to develop a design concept that is functional and represents their design aesthetic. We collaborate closely with clients to make sure the design is exactly what they are looking for. We work with architects, contractors and custom furniture makers who are the best of the best. We will find the most competitive combination of rates, service, expedience and quality when selecting contractors. We also have our own inhouse building team.
Why do I need an Interior Designer if I already have an Architect?
Architects and Interior Designers work differently. Most Architects work primarily with structure and building design. Interior Designers work with details of interiors including kitchen and bath design, custom cabinetry, colour schemes, flooring specifications and wall and window treatments. Our designers can create a master plan for the interior of your entire home or office, which can be implemented in stages, depending on the budget. The ideal design team consists of both an Architect and an Interior Designer in order to cover all aspects of your internal and external spaces. Interior design is all about being creative, innovative but most of all, being unique. Our emotions guide us, they influence how we live and the decisions we make. We are tactile, sensorial beings that need a personal space to stop and take a moment. We will work with you to create a home that is a haven, a tranquil escape where the restraints of daily life should cease to exist.
What services do you provide?
Our services range from pre-construction detailing to complete interior design. We specialize in high end residential design. Some of our projects include space planning, lighting design, custom millwork and furniture design. We work with architects, contractors, electricians, installers, painters, etc. and can offer referrals when needed.
Can you design any style?
We have worked on projects ranging from clean/ contemporary to classic traditional. We are fully qualified to work with all types of styles and design concepts so that we can provide whatever our clients require.
How does it work? The design process
1. The Brief. The design process begins with a meeting at the site of the project in order to get a first-hand impression and assess your requirements in person. We develop ideas in conjunction with you in order to present you with a design statement and an initial budget.
2. The Design. The bones of the design depend on a good floor plan. We will draw up detailed arrangements of furniture, fixtures and fittings. Next, we create initial mood boards pulling together fabrics and inspirational images to convey the concept. Following this meeting we will further develop the design concept.
3. Interior Architecture. Following the approval of the design concept, we progress with detailed specification of the interior architectural elements. These include detailed designs for kitchens, bathrooms, joinery and lighting.
4. Furniture, Fittings and Equipment. With all the interior architecture and floor plans settled, we develop a complete interior scheme, including samples of fabrics, carpets and specialist wall finishes as well as items of furniture, furnishings and accessories. We will also specify bespoke items according to your requirements. At this stage budgets are agreed and fixed.
5. Procurement. We work with a number of specialist furniture makers, lighting suppliers and artists to complete the design.
6. Installation and Dressing. We can manage all installations and dress your home to ensure that all finishing touches are in place before presenting you with your new home.
What should I bring to the initial meeting?
It’s helpful for clients to begin by looking at magazines like Elle Decor or Architectural Digest to get some design ideas and inspiration. Start by assembling items you love as well as things you would like to stay away from. Any additional ideas or questions you have collected, including an estimation of your budget, will make the initial consultation with your designer more efficient.
Do you have trustworthy builders who can carry out your designs?
Yes we have an in house team of builders, carpenters and bricklayers. They are polite, trusthworthy and tidy. They have a wealth of experience with over 10 years in the trade. Check out warebuilders.co.uk to see samples of their work.